WHY IS MARK CURRAN RUNNING FOR U.S. SENATE in 2020 Against Democrat IL-Sen. Dick Durbin? Campaign Press
“I’m Mark Curran and I am running for U.S. Senate in 2020 because our faith, our freedoms and our values are under assault from establishment elites including political dinosaur IL- D Sen Dick Durbin, who once said he believes the Constitution is ‘fatally flawed.’ Yet, when Term Limits legislation was on the table in 2012 Durbin refused to support Term Limits, saying it was ‘unconstitutional.’ The constitution is his rag doll.
I am running because America is worth fighting for. I have made a career in law and order spanning decades and my focus was always keeping Americans safe and upholding the Constitution. I made it my life mission to fight for the middle class and the disenfranchised. I will be a strong voice for faith, family & freedom and fighting for those dealing with poverty in our country by lifting them out through education and job opportunities they may find currently unattainable. I think everyone has the right to live freely, be safe and have opportunities. We Americans should be encouraging one another to aim to be a contributing asset to our country.”
– Mark Curran, former Sheriff of Lake County and IL-R for U.S. Senate in 2020
- Mark Curran says Illinois citizens deserve to see debates with Curran and Durbin in 2020
- Mark Curran, R-IL Shares His Thoughts on Faith, Family, Freedom
Campaign in the News and Press RELEASES —> August 2020- August 2019
- HEALTH CARE
I believe patients and doctors, certainly not government bureaucrats, should be in charge of health care decisions. I’m for expanding choice and competition in our health care system. I strongly oppose socialized medicine.
We lawfully admit over a million immigrants each year, which far exceeds other countries. We have been a welcoming nation. But, we must acknowledge our immigration system is in crisis. We need to secure our borders and we nee rule of law. I oppose sanctuary cities. I support merit based immigration reform that is comprehensive, including building the wall, technology, border security through Homeland Security and ICE. With the mounting level of unmarked graves at the southern border it is clear that we need to deter people from making the dangerous journey to cross our borders illegally. We must work with southern border countries to ensure that folks can apply legally to come to our country from their country of origin.
- TAXES I oppose tax increases. The middle class certainly does not need more taxes. Government takes enough of our hard-earned money. Each of our middle class families live within their means, and we must demand the same of our government. I do not support the wasteful and non-transparent omnibus spending bills filled with waste, fraud and abuse of our tax money, and which mainly supports lobbyists and special interests.
- DEBT Our debt is unsustainable. Congress has run up the debt to $26 trillion, adding $1 trillion to our debt each year. I see the ultra-billionaire and millionaires who crafted the tax codes to benefit themselves are not doing anything to close the loopholes they enjoy using to avoid paying their taxes. Here in IL Gov. JB Pritzker keeps his wealth in offshore accounts to avoid Illinois taxes. We need to start taking this problem seriously, fix the tax code and close the loopholes and start proactively implementing a plan to reduce the national debt. Our debt is a national security issue. The middle class will be negatively impacted if the spending crisis continues, as debt will impair our children and their children’s future.
- LIFE I am pro-life. Each of us have an inalienable, God given right to life. The first responsibility of the government is to protect its citizens, including those who are pre-born.
- REFORMING WASHINGTON
We need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution and we need term limits for Members of Congress and Senate. I signed the Term Limits Pledge.
- 2ND AMENDMENT I support our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. I exercise my second amendment right. The second Amendment right must be protected as it protects all of our other rights.
- EDUCATION I support TEACHERS, public school and private / parochial. But why don’t we have school choice? All the elites have school choice. Let’s create opportunities for our kids and their future not deter them. I support the expansion and advocacy for occupational training and trade schools.
- PRO LAW ENFORCEMENT, FIREFIGHTERS, FIRST RESPONDERS Law Enforcement needs our support. They are dealing with suicide and addiction rates, post traumatic stress disorder, it’s a very lonely job and now the morale is really suffering. Hear more in Curran’s speech in Yorkville, Illinois. “The thin blue line is what separates Illinois citizens from the criminals.” (hear more here)
- PRO-CAPITALISM & FREE MARKETS I am pro-capitalist free markets. I prefer to keep the government out of our hair and out of our pockets as much as we can. We need to continue to nurture small businesses and entrepreneurial opportunities, and protect that backbone of our economy. I also support putting America First and making sure we are enacting policies to protect American jobs and keep growing the domestic job market in all sectors of the economy.
- NATIONAL SECURITY America is safe when America’s defense is strong. Defending our national security is not optional. I support our military and keeping Americans safety the number one priority.
- VETERANS America must keep the promises we have made to our veterans. They are our heroes and as such deserve our thanks and the best health care available. My past service helping the veterans in Lake County reflected my deep appreciation for them. We must take care of them and show that appreciation for their sacrifices to keep our freedom.
Mark Curran IL-R candidate for U.S. Senate Discusses Appreciation for Our Veterans
- ENVIRONMENT We must all care about keeping our world environment healthy. In turn, this keeps our people healthy! We have to all care about being good stewards of the environment and keeping the dialogue open on solutions to combat CO2 and other greenhouse gasses. I currently support Rep. Dan Crenshaw’s March 2020 proposal for introducing the New Energy Frontier legislation to promote research and development for carbon capture technology and establish a “Carbon Innovation Hub” to achieve an environmental moonshot: turning CO2 and other greenhouse gasses into valuable commodities. House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy in unveiling a proposal that takes existing innovative technologies — ones that have proven to reduce emissions here in the United States — that the U.S. can then market and export to the world. After all, climate change is a global issue, and with global energy demand expected to increase by 25 percent over the next 20 years, there is a distinct need for the U.S. to export cleaner energy sources to the developing world, as well as to the biggest CO2 emitters, such as China and India. Crushing our own economy, as the Green New Deal would have us do, will not stop worldwide growth in emissions or decrease worldwide energy demand.
MORE in Campaign Press